Beet and Yogurt Salad 4-S e r v i n g s
AMOUNT I N G R E D I E N T_______________________
1 pound Beets, red or golden or both
1 tbsp Mint, chopped
1 1/2 cups Drained yogurt (labana)
Add Vinegar and fresh lemon juice to taste (optional)
Fresh mint leaves for garnish
Add salt and pepper to taste
D I R E C T I O N S
- Heat oven to 400◦F.
- Wash and rinse beets, leaving on roots and little of the stems.
- Bake, covered with water and boil 30 to 40 minutes until beets can be easily sliced with a knife. After cooked leave out to Cool.
- Peel and dice beats 1/2 inch
- Set aside 1/4 cup diced beets. Mix the remainder with yogurt and salt to taste. Optional vinegar and lemon can sharpen the flavor.
- Mix together in mint; cover and let it cool.
- Garnish with remaining beets and mint leaves and serve cold.
Leave a Reply