This is a Palestinian Arabic dish famous in the Arab world, very tasty. Maqlooba means upside down or flipped! one’s it’s done you flip the whole pan upside down…
There are other versions of cooking it, this is my version I will be sharing more videos on the other versions of the Maqloba in the future, which they may include lamb, or beef instead of chicken and add other veggies.
hope you try and like it.
Maglooba (Middle Eastern Upside-down Rice Casserole)
8 S e r v i n g s This dish goes well with veal meat, lamb or chicken, we will cover the vegetarian concept of this dish to learn its basics
AMOUNT I N G R E D I E N T
4 cups rice (prefer basmati or Egyptian short grain rice)
5 1/3 cups vegetable stock
3/4 kilo (1 large) eggplant, cut long ways 1 inch thick
1 1/2 cups onions cut into circle shapes
1/2 kilo potato, cut into circle shapes
1/4 kilo tomato, cut into circle shapes
To taste salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper
Olive oil, for frying
D I R E C T I O N S
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté eggplant, onion and potatoes separately and set aside.
2. In a deep cooking pot place fresh tomato as first layer into the pot then add onion as second layer after that add the eggplant then potato as final layer. Add the rice over the layers and carefully overflow with stock until the water cover the rice with about 3cm height (3-4 cup rice water ratio)
3. Place it over high heat until the water start to boil then reduce the heat to medium and keep until the rice is cooked.
4. Open the cover and use large spoon and press down the rice to hold together.
5. With a flat serving plate, carefully flip the pot over the plate, tap the pot with hand from different places and lift it up the pot.
6. traditionally Maqklouba is served in the large pot sharing, but in more westernized culture separate plates can be prepared
7. enjoy Maqklouba better when its left over
recipes dish chicken maklooba maqlooba macloba maclooba maclouba maklouba maqlouba upside down flip flipped recipe Arab Palestinian Palestine …